As the UK enters into a much-forced period of mourning, we have to ask ourselves why we are mourning the loss of a racist, a bigot and a homophobe?
This article isn’t to tarnish the memory of Prince Phillip as his statements over the years have already done that for himself. This article is rather to reminisce over some of his “best bits” per se;
– (Upon meeting an Ethiopian villagers and being shown their artwork in 1965); “It looks like the type of thing my daughter would bring home from her school art lessons”.
– (to a Kenyan woman who presented him with a small gift in 1984); “You are a woman, aren’t you?”.
– (In an exchange with British exchange students in Xian, China in 1985); “If you stay here much longer you will all become slitty-eyed”.
– (When conversing with islanders in the Cayman Islands he asked); “Aren’t most of you descendants from pirates?”.
– (To a Scottish driving instructor in 1995 he enquired); “How do you keep the natives off the booze long enough to pass the test?”.
– (To a British student that had been trekking through Papau New Guinea in 1998 Phillip asked); “You managed to not get eaten then?”.
– (Upon meeting a group of indigenous Australians with The Queen in 2002 he came out with this peach of a remark); “Do you still throw spears at each other?”.
– (In 2010 he asked Scottish Conservative leader, Annabel Goldie); “Thats a nice tie…do you have any knickers in that material?”.
– (To nurses at Luton & Dunstable Hospital in 2013 he had this to say); “The Philippines must be half-empty…you’re all here running the NHS”.
Of course there are more slurs that have been uttered over the years by our beloved Prince Phillip, some sexist, some homophobic, some racist and most that are just outright discriminatory and bigoted, however this short article is just to emphasise some of the slurs Phillip has come out with that the public may or may not be aware of.
Before we end this article – let’s not forget that when asked about the subject of reincarnation Phillip said;
“In the event that I am reincarnated, I would like to return as a deadly virus to contribute something to solving overpopulation”
Let’s all hope and pray God doesn’t grant his wish.
Prince Phillip: 10/6/1921 – 9/4/2021
One less racist in the world.